Tuesday, February 28, 2023

For Forks Sake

 

Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. - oil - "For Forks Sake"

More eggs, different setting. And a short story about breakfast - I have eggs for breakfast almost every morning. I've gotten really good at cooking them perfectly over-easy (my favorite). This morning as I sat down to eat I noticed a funny smell that I hadn't noticed when I was cooking. I thought - do my eggs always smell this way, and I only just noticed? But the first bite tasted like the smell, which wasn't terrible, but not "right." Sadly I threw it all away and ate something different. And now I'm hesitant to eat eggs tomorrow. Have you ever come across a commercial egg that looked perfectly fine but wasn't? I've probably eaten thousands of eggs in my life, and this is the first time. Hopefully I don't die...

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

I've not noticed eggs tasting weird, could be what the hens ate. In Peru they used to feed the chickens fish leftovers and the chicken tasted fishy.... We had to know where to buy our chicken. Love the painting!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Thank God you didn’t die from the weird egg! I love eggs and I love your egg paintings ❤️