Thursday, April 07, 2016

Valley of Fire


sold. (8x8in.)

I'm going backwards here, returning to a painting a did when I was in Nevada last month. Or was it the month before? At any rate, this was from Valley of Fire, the only place I was able to paint during the entire month out (camping with my family). I re-worked it quite a bit once home. I was especially unhappy with the foreground. I'm finding that my flat brushes don't work well for foliage. So I got a long filbert and went to town with these little bushes.

5 comments:

Nel Jansen said...

This one is just beautiful!

Mary McLaughlin said...

Hi Carol - Lovely work - great brushwork and catching the light. I'm a watercolor artist and love your loose style. Non-artists have no idea how challenging it is to paint loosely. It takes great skill and power of observation to simplify. I'm still working at learning how to do this and I find your paintings to be instructive and inspirational. Thanks so much! All the best to you on your artist's journey.

Lata said...

Hi Carol its beautiful! and the brief writings make it interesting and inspiring. Best wishes

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted!

Linda said...

I feel hot weather and fresh greens through your painting. It looks so natural.