Saturday, August 15, 2015

Cow Powow


Click Here to Bid (5x7in.)

The last few days I've been working on a series of cow paintings that have brought me much joy! I'll talk about the joy part later, but for now I have more immediate news...

I am heading to California tomorrow to join 6 other artists on a hiking/camping/plein air trip into the Sierras! I'm really excited about this trip, because not only will it be ALL about art, but I will be hanging with some pretty awesome artists! We will have our camping gear hauled in on pack animals (mules I think?) and our food cooked for us - all we have to carry is our painting gear. I'll be bringing my camera too and will give a full report when I return. That is, if I'm not eaten by bears or mountain lions, or fall off a cliff (if I say it, it won't happen).

Meanwhile, I'll pre-post the cows so you can enjoy them while I'm away. As usual, I won't be able to ship anything until I return (as late as the 25th). Toodles!

6 comments:

Carol Jessen said...

Have a great trip, Carol. I love your plein air work. Can't wait to see the results of this trip! Sounds wonderful!

THEARTBRUSH said...

Have a great time.
If the Bears come by just give them a brush, they just may want something to do.
Happy Brushing,
Pete,Theartbrush

Mary Valente said...

I'm so jealous!!

Marcia said...

OMG, your title totally captures the gesture of the calves! Love this painting. Painting in the sierras will be awesome and I can't wait to see what you produce from that trip. Oddly enough, I'm in your neck of the woods "trial backpacking" ( everybody's doing it). It means my friend and I are seeing if we could handle 5 days. Most people would just call that hiking. I digress. Can't wait to see what you decide to do with your art next year!

Linda Barretta said...

You have perfectly captured these happy cows. I love cows!

TheinKha Zaw said...

I love your painting :) It's amazing :)