Thursday, March 19, 2015

Alien Flowers


Click Here to Bid (6x6in.)

I stopped by our local market yesterday with the idea of getting some produce to paint. Outside, in rows, were tons of little plants like this. At first I thought, "no, I'm here to get apples." But wait, why couldn't I paint this if I'm excited about it?! Duh. So I spent about 20 minutes picking through the palettes to find the best ones. I took a few inside to pay and the guy at the checkout asked, "Are you going to put these in some nice pots?" I said, "Actually, I'm going to paint them." He just looked at me and said, "Ohhhhh." I'm used to it.

Anyway, I really like this one. A lot. My paint-cation totally paid off.

5 comments:

jackie jackson said...

Love this wee flower.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

the Paint-cation paid off, as it usually does. Beautiful shapes and brushwork and the greenery is perfect.

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

LOVE this - that top flower is amazingly alive in paint!

Melle Ferre said...

And here we are looking down from space at them....
Maybe I've been reading your boom too much, but I have the sense yiu are deliberately flouting some rules here. Cool.

Unknown said...

Hehe great ending. As if to say, "well...they might die after they've served their purpose" ;) --since your book I've been painting small and daily for around 2 months now. Changed my whole philosophical approach to painting and loving every minute. Thanks Carol!