Saturday, September 05, 2009

"Follow the Highway" - SOLD



Hallo from Germany! Unfortunately it took me 4 days to run down some mineral spirits, but it rained most of those 4 days anyway, so not much was lost. Germany is as beautiful as I remember - more so now that I've recovered from jet lag. : ) This scene is from on top of the hill behind my husband's parent's house. They live in the black forest - the fields in front are for horses, cows and hay.

The flight here was better than we had hoped. Jacob (4) slept about half the time, and more on the train afterwards. He's just about on Germany time now, which is fabulous! More tomorrow.

12 comments:

Victor Errington said...

It`s lovely to see a landscape from you Carol, and it`s a beauty
as well. Love it. Have a good vacation all of you.
Vic.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah for you that Jacob slept well and is acclimating fast... wonderful plein air landscape. How fun for you.

Jill said...

Fantastic, I will be following your trip! When I went to Europe with my mom my emails were a real great connection to all the friends and family! Have a great time! jill

Johnnie Sielbeck said...

sehr schön - have a great visit!

Mark Bridges said...

Wonderful landscape and I bet it's nice and cool there.

Jo Castillo said...

Ah, nice to see you. Sounds like it is going well. Looking forward to seeing more of Germany. I like this one.

Lisa Daria said...

Love it! Love that there's a hint of a fence . . . it's beautiful, can't wait to see more of Germany through your paintbrush!!!

lostinarc said...

As usual great strokes..... fabulous colors....:)great inspiration..

Sandra Galda said...

Hope you have a wonderful time! What a gorgeous place to be! My maternal grandfather was born and raised in the Black Forest, (Pahl)and my maternal grandmother from Baden (Haungs). I hear it is soooo beautiful there, have seen many pictures but never visted - (yet) Love this landscape! Looking forward to your Germany posts!

Kathryn said...

Hi Carol,
You are fabulous. I've been admiring your work for some time now and it is great to watch your progress. Love your plein air also. I am an artist/designer and your are very inspirational to me. You just keep achieving great things in your life. Congrats on the book, art in a movie, gallery show. You've got it goin on. You go girl!

:)Kathryn

susangraeber said...

KEEP DOING LANDSCAPES...LOVE THESE,susan graeber

Jen Evenhus said...

Carol - this is absolutely lovely - colors - confirmation - oops, been around horses too much - I mean composition are great!