Friday, June 12, 2009

"Next In Line" - SOLD



Click Here to Bid

I really like the colors of these lemons in shadow. It made me think about light. If you have two lights shining on one thing from different angles, you'll have two shadows and a conflicting light source. With just one light source you get a very dark shadow. Here, there is obviously another light source but it is not direct, and so it is giving some life and color to the lemons where they are in shadow. Sometimes I really like this effect, and sometimes I really like to have everything darker and a bit more dramatic. Options are gooood.

4 comments:

L.Holm said...

love these chromatic shadows! wow.

Mary Sue said...

Hi Carol! I have really appreciated your instructive comments this week--it is so helpful to me--a continuation of the wonderful workshop last week in Salado. Your paintings this week have been just beautiful! Thanks again for a wonderful experience, and I miss all the bozos!

Bobbi Heath said...

Absolutely lovely. Grays and yellow and yellow green, who would have thought! And I agree with Mary Sue, it is awesome how you keep teaching us after our workshop is over. Thank you.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

It's so strong. Wonderful tonal quality. You're amazing!