Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Stacked Glass


sold

I had just a few extra paintings that I did before my trip East, and this is the last of them. Since it contains glass, please allow me to (shamelessly) promote my July Advanced workshop in Springfield, OR - during which we will spend a whole day exploring and painting glass! Also covered: flowers, white, metal, and one day spent on a larger painting.

I also wanted to mention that I wrote a book. What?! I said I never would? I really thought I wouldn't, but about a year ago Random House convinced me. We are in the final stages of creating it now and they are predicting an October release date. November at the latest. What's it about? Daily painting! I'm including lots of examples of work by other daily painters, as well as the many things I have learned from painting every day. It will repeat a lot of things from my ArtBytes and workshops, with some new stuff too. This won't be the last you hear of it, for sure! I'm VERY excited!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I can't wait to buy that book. =]

Karen Johnston Daily Paintings said...

Love this glass...awesome!!

Cathy Engberg said...

I'm so glad you wrote a book! I can't wait to get my hands on one. ArtBytes are great, but I still want the book.
I'm really enjoying the darks in this painting! They pop!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Congratulations!
I look forward to the publication of your art book!

Brenda Ferguson said...

DUDE! You nailed this!!!
Congratufreakinlations on your book project! Already pre-ordered my copy. :o)
You are rockin' this world, my friend!
Bren

CAROL HOPPER -- A PAINTER'S JOURNAL said...

You wrote a book? Well, of course you did. Nothing stops you as you a very talented person. I love the way you stacked these pieces.

Christine said...

Congrats on the book....wish you settled in the NE so I could attend more workshops!