Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Miranda, Bored



sold

Last night I went to a figure session with my friends Sarah and Gabriella (I posted pics of us on my Facebook page). It was a 3-hr session and about halfway through I completely wiped the face. Our model, Miranda, is very attractive and my first attempt made her look like a monster. I wasn't happy with my second attempt either, until the last 20 minutes, when it all came together. Even though the result still doesn't do Miranda justice, I'm happy with it.

7 comments:

Lee Smith said...

It's beautiful Carol! Your handling of shadows is masterful!

Karl S said...

I like it Carol. you should do more of these.

Teressa Sliger said...

Wow, Carol! What a surprise for me when I received this post. I love it!

Desiree said...

I always find faces the hardest thing in the world to paint or draw. I think yours look fabulous!

Karen Werner said...

This is fantastic. Color, brushwork, values, everything.

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

This is wonderful - showing fast confident brush-marks and perfect values. The wipers were obviously an exploration which all came together in this fabulous painting.
Bet your heart felt a surge of pleasure.

Jo Mackenzie said...

This is in response to your Facebook post and the artist block Art Byte...
Neil Young has a concert film out called Prairie Wind. It can be streamed from Netflix. Right before he goes on stage we hear his voice say

I just want to play well
And you know share the stage with my friends.
Give it the best I can
Get in there
Let the muse have us
Give a shot
Send it out.

Then the first number is about an artist painting....Wow..what a great thing to hear.