Thursday, December 27, 2007

"Progress of a Slouch" --- SOLD



This was my second attempt for the day. I did the first one on a 6x8 and it was ok, so I painted another - this one. I liked it so much better I wiped the first one. I find I really like the orange showing through the blue, and I don't usually think about that. The light, although it was coming generally from the left, shone through the grapefruit slices and lit the "shadow" sides and made them almost as light as the "lit" sides. I like that too.

4 comments:

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

I love the whimsy in your work! Fabulous color! You've been tagged, which means link to my blog and read the instructions to continue the game! Wonderful work!!

Amy Stewart said...

Great painting, as always. Just wanted to let you know that I just signed up for your May workshop in Santa Fe. I live in northern California and wanted to come to your Sacramento workshop, but it didn't work with my schedule. I have friends in Albuquerque, so I'm always looking for an excuse to book a trip out there. So I'll see you in May!

Ciaran said...

Beautiful work. Really nice forms but my favourite thing is the colour work. The yellow undercoat of the wall works perfectly with the blue and that vibrates against the red so perfectly.

I absolutely love your blog, I check it every day. It's a constant source of joy. Thanks :)

Robyn Sinclair said...

What a beautiful series. Congratulations on your Make a Mark Award and I'm ready to sign up when you have a workshop in Tuscany!