Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"Surrounded" --- SOLD



Merry belated Christmas! I didn't get to paint at all after the last one - too busy with family and cooking and card games, etc.

I started this painting off with the polka-dot fabric as is. I liked the blue color and didn't have the same shade in my paper backgrounds. I figured I wouldn't put the dots in if it looked ok without, but I got everything else done and it just needed something. The slices are from the same ruby red grapefruits I painted on Saturday. I have quite a few - this may be a series. : )

4 comments:

Barbara Pask said...

Wow! This is wonderful. Everything about it. Nice job. Barb

PAT MEYER -- said...

The background and foreground make the grapefruits just glow. The sharp angles give it such energy. Way to go Pat Meyer Fine Art

Tracy Wall said...

Dots seem to work for well. Love the way you've captured the light coming thru the middle slice!

BoydGreeneArt said...

The execution in your paintings is marvelously beautiful.