Saturday, January 27, 2024

Packing for a Journey

 

Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. - oil on panel - starts at $100

In addition to this little still life, I'd like to show you a portrait I did near the end of last year. It's quite a bit bigger, and features McCoy and Alita, two very confident and sweet kiddos, brother and sister. They posed like this totally spontaneously, and I thought it communicated them perfectly.


NFS - 24x24in. - oil on panel

This one was ridiculously difficult to photograph. I tried everything I could think of and still there was glare. So I took two cell phone pics of the faces at slight angles. They are a little wonky (and lighter), but you get the idea. It looks SO much better in person (my broken record).
I used a knife on the a lot of the background for some fun texture. Here's a closeup of the bit right above her head.

No comments: