Friday, July 08, 2022

Across From the Duomo

 

Click Here to Bid (8x8in. - oil - starts at $100)

I know it's been a while since I posted any people paintings. That's because I haven't been anywhere in forever. This is one I dredged up from my Florence, Italy files.

To the right is my reference photo. You can see I changed some things. Photos tend to capture darks as darker than they are, especially in the background. I lightened the darks there so they would recede a bit more. I also took out some of the people right behind my main characters, because mostly I felt they were awkward - a head sticking out from the main guy's head; one person on the bench hunched forward so much they don't have a head; the lady with a bright red purse and no legs...

Also with their hands up both main characters looked like they were on their phones, so I picked one and guessed where the lady's hand would be if it were down. And I gave her black shoes.

No comments: