Sunday, June 19, 2022

Getting Educated

 

Click Here to Bid (8x8in. - oil - starts at $100)

This painting was my transition back to still life from life. I had a photo that I had taken the day before, but this composition just happened to still be set up in my shadowbox. So I decided to try painting from both. What I found is that it was much easier to draw from the photo, especially since I didn't have to get my viewfinder back in the same place each time. But there was far more (& more accurate) information in the real life version, so I looked at that primarily as I painted.

NEWS: My husband and I are heading off into the great Montana beyond tomorrow, for up to 2 weeks. It's been a long time since we've had a real adventure what with surgery and recovery and all, so we're very excited! Unfortunately that means I won't be able to ship until we return (as late as July 3, 2022). I apologize for the inconvenience!

No comments: