Friday, May 15, 2020

Visions in White


Click Here to Bid (6x8in. - starts at $100)

One thing that is different about my new studio is I have true north window light! Actually, I had it (more or less) in my last 2 studios, but there were so many trees, and SO many glum days in Eugene, that I always relied on an overhead to supplement. Here I have a lot of natural light (from that big Montana sky!), and I'm right up against 3 windows, so I almost never need extra. Which has been nice! I feel like I can really see what I'm doing.

BUT, because of the way I'm situated to make the most of the natural light on my easel and palette, a fair amount of that cooler (sky) light makes its way into my shadowbox as well. You can see that very clearly here with the front bits of blue on the garlic (as opposed to the warm light that hits them from above). I loved what it added here, but I don't always love it, so I'm trying to find a way to modify my setup. I'll figure it out - it's a process.` But if you look back at my recent still lifes you'll probably see this a bit here and there. I think it's why I've been pushing my setups to the back of my shadowbox more often than not - I say that because I'm SURE you've noticed and wondered! ; )

No comments: