Thursday, April 23, 2020

Distorted Cups


Click Here to Bid (6x6in. - starts at $1)

I did a similar composition last week that didn't work out. But I kept it, and kept looking at it, and finally decided to take what I DID like and create a new composition & painting. This is the result, and now I feel good about tossing the first one.

I'm currently reading a book by Malcom Gladwell ("What the Dog Saw") and in one of the chapters he talks about what happens when you choke (and the difference between choking and panicking - it's really interesting!). He gave an example of a star tennis player who choked during a major game - she suddenly started thinking too much! He pointed out that when you learn something - really learn it - you know it in your bones, and you don't have to think about it much. This happens with painting too. And I am beginning to believe I was over-thinking last week and not allowing my body to do what it knows, and that's why I was having so much trouble. And least, I THINK that's it. Ha.

No comments: