Sunday, May 05, 2019

Extended Family


Click Here to Bid (6x6in. - starts at $100)

Tomorrow I head to Germany. In case you don't know the story, my husband was adopted from there as a baby, and we looked for and found his birth-parents about 10 years ago. His father has since died, but his mother lives in the Black Forest in a 400 year old farmhouse. This will be my first solo trip to visit her, so I've been using Duolingo for a while, trying to pick up a few new German words. Mostly I feel like a cave (wo)man communicating with my mother-in-law, with lots of hand gestures and help from google translate, but even still we get along very well. My husband jokes often that she is MY mother. At night we drink a bit of gin and suddenly my German gets VERY good. We laugh a lot anyway.

I will be in Germany for a week, eating good food and recovering from jet lag. Then I fly to Italy where I will teach my very last workshop. I'm hoping to bring home a slew of reference photos from Florence, along with good memories of my last group of kids.

Until then, I have a few more paintings which I will post when I can. Unfortunately this trip means I won't be able to ship anything until after 5.23.19. I apologize for the inconvenience!

No comments: