Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Evening Color


Click Here to Bid (8x8in. - starts at $100)

I Love My Website (carolmarine.com)
This is post three in my ongoing series about Daily Paintworks.

My husband, David, and I created Daily Paintworks (DPW) over 11 years ago as an online art gallery and artist community. Since then, DPW has grown and changed into something much more. We promote our artists' work every day on our "What's New" page, as always, however, that now is the "icing" of DPW, with the "cake" being the beautiful and easy to update artist website you get when you join. This post is the backstory behind those websites.

Years ago, I was showing my work on DPW, along with our many other artists, while also maintaining a separate artist website that was tedious to keep up-to-date. I told David I wanted to remake my website and he said "Why don't we make your Gallery page on DPW, which is already easy to maintain, your full-fledged website?", which is exactly what we did!

The advantage of being married to someone who is really good at programming, is I got to design my ideal artist website. I wanted a website that was clean and elegant, where the art stood out. It also needed auctions and PayPal links so I could sell my art, a bio page, and be able to sell my books and promote my workshops. Above all, it needed to be extremely easy to keep up-to-date, so I could spend my time painting. And that is what David built for me.

So that is how DPW grew from a simple online gallery to one offering great artist websites. David and I don't like limits and complicated pricing, and so our websites let you add unlimited art for one simple price of $12.95 a month, which hasn't changed in over 10 years. We would love to have you with us - try it free for a month!

In the next post in my series on DPW, I will tell you about our new theme and customization features that let you make your DPW Gallery Website perfect for you!

No comments: