Sunday, March 31, 2019

Strolling Through in Blue


Click Here to Bid (8x8in. - starts at $100)

For about a year I've been a part of something that I've been wanting to tell you about. My friend Annie, an artist in Portland, suggested we start a small art, "support" group. There are 7 of us, and we all live in different places, so we decided to call each other on Hangouts (with video) once a month.

We talk about 3 main things: what we've accomplished (in the month since we've chatted), what's next (big and small goals), and what we're stuck on. Everyone asks questions and offers suggestions, and we end up learning a lot from each other.

As artists we tend to spend the bulk of our time alone in our studio, so it can be really nice to chat with like-minded people once in a while. I've talked to a lot of people in my workshops who sound like they could use something like this. I highly recommend it! If nothing else, it really encourages ME to get stuff done! I mean, what else am I going to report to my group at the end of the month?!

Lately we've been arranging ART PLAY DAYS sometimes. This is where we all get together and one person leads the group in an activity that might be out of everyone else's comfort zones, and we just play with art all day. So far we've done collage and pastel, and next month we've rented a house in Hood River so we can paint the landscape for a couple of days.

No comments: