Tuesday, March 05, 2019

Out of the Pool!


Click Here to Bid (6x6in. - starts at $100)

This is actually my 5th attempt at these tomatoes. I know I talk about this a lot, but I paint many "attempts" that don't end up making the cut. It's HARD to spend even just  a couple of hours on a painting (and use up paint) and then toss it. I know! It's hard for me every single time. But I think that if you are really serious about your craft, and about improving and growing, you have to expect failure. Because all failure means is you tried something new and it didn't work. Ok, but I guarantee you learned something from it! So it didn't work out (you can't sell it), but it wasn't a waste!! You pick yourself up and you try again. The picking yourself up is success.

I talk about this a lot because it really requires a person (me) to give themselves pretty constant pep-talks. So it's on my mind a lot. 😁

No comments: