Monday, November 23, 2020

Ready for Anything

 

sold. (4x4in. - GOUACHE on 24-ply illustration board - starts at $75)

I just covered one whole wall in my studio with "shelves" for propping up paintings. I used a simple L-shaped moulding from Home Depot (see close-up below), and screwed it into studs. I've wanted to do this for a while for larger work. I love that I can immediately put new work next to other work - it helps me to see if a painting has something fundamentally off about it, like it's too dark over-all or something like that.

I labeled a 6x6in. painting so you can see the size of that compared to the other stuff I've been working on. I think my dog approves of the wall. That's Meep, our 10 lb. Havanese, who will be one this Christmas. I will paint her at some point - when she's able to hold still long enough (in good light) for me to take pictures...

No comments: