Saturday, April 04, 2020

Mr. Bandit


Click Here to Bid (6x6in. - starts at $1)

Hello again! Who'da thought when we decided to move last September that it would take this long! But we are finally in Montana (Missoula, if you missed it) and settling in. I unpacked the kitchen first (because eating is important) and then my studio. Then we dashed back to Eugene for the last of our stuff (after accepting a nice offer on our house!), and (doh!) I hurt my back/neck (again) moving the stupid couches. So it's been a long, long road getting back into my studio, but I gotta say, it's really nice to be painting again!!

I have lots to tell you, but I'll dole it out slowly so as not to overwhelm. First of all, many thanks to Teddi Parker for posting about Pixabay (a great source for royalty free images). That's where I found the reference for this painting, and many more besides. I call him Mr. Bandit because right after we moved out of our Eugene house, some punk(s) came and stole our patio furniture! And that, honestly, was the biggest thing pushing us out of Eugene - growing crime. So in a way, even though it hurt to be robbed, it just confirms our decision. And we are loving Montana! Here is a picture from a hike we took recently - just 15 minutes from our house.


I don't feel like I need to say anything about the current situation with the world, except - I hope you are all safe and well and ... not killing each other.

No comments: