Thursday, March 22, 2018

Two Dudes and a Puddle


Click Here to Bid (8x8in. - starts at $150)

I went back through my files of a Seattle wander for this one. These dudes were just too cool for words - that and the sky reflected in the puddle made it absolutely impossible not to paint.

As for the cold wax and oil workshop I took earlier this week, I want to show you just a few examples of the absolutely yummy texture I was able to achieve. This was really just SO much fun! Especially since I was able to share the experience with some art buddies. Eventually I want to use cold wax in my regular, realistic work. For now I need to experiment more, and overhaul my studio so I have more room to put stuff!

3 comments:

Ruth Armitage said...

It was great having you in class Carol! I was impressed by how quickly you were able to pick up these new techniques and of course your color work was luscious. Can't wait to see where you take this.

Carol Marine said...

Thanks, Ruth!! It was a great class and you are a fabulous teacher! : )

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I've been lusting after cold wax since Kathy Cousart started using it and even though I don't know what it actually does, I know I'm going to love it!

These works are indeed, yummy!