Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Orange You Glad?


sold.

I did two paintings in a row of these same objects. I'll post the other one tomorrow and you can decide which you like better. I think it's a great idea to paint things over and over, because you're more likely to experiment that way. If you do it once you'll probably play it safe and paint like you always have. But you know what they say - if you always do what you always do, you always get what you always get.

This has been knocking around in my head a lot lately. It's HARD to step out of your ruts, especially when you've been in them for a long time. Which is why I'm glad to say that next week I'll be taking an abstract workshop!! I've done a few abstracts on my own, but the idea behind this workshop is to do 100 of them - in 5 days! Which multiplies daily painting by 20 - woah. The workshop instructor is Jane Davies, whose work I've admired for a long time. I'm excited and terrified, in equal measure, to get so completely outside of my comfort zone. Yay!

1 comment:

Dee said...

Hi Carol,
I read your book ages ago and decided to do regular art in my medium of choice, mosaic art. Checking out your site after a long time, it's good to see you are still painting! I really like this piece. The orange and blue together are so vibrant, and the highlights on the orange segments just glow. I love it. I think it would also look good as a mosaic piece.