Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Clearwater Creek 2


Click Here to Bid (8x8in.)

Pre-posted while I'm on vacation. I won't be able to ship anything (paintings or books) until I get home (at the latest) July 8th. My apologies!

This is the second one from Clearwater Creek. I painted it from a photo I took a little earlier in the day - around 8am. You can see the shadows are longer, and there's more dark in the grasses and trees. But over-all things are darker, and I think that's because of the photo. I especially didn't get as much life/color in the creek bottom. BUT, I feel like I designed the whole thing a little better, and arranged the rocks more artfully. And there is more contrast where the sky reflects in the water.

I would probably learn a TON if I painted this one over and over about 100 more times. Like Monet and his water lillies.

2 comments:

Marilyn Flanegan said...

Carol, you've masterfully balanced the light within the water with the light the water reflects...a joy to witness!

Carol Granger said...

Love these two paintings and your progression with the 2nd one. I especially like the square format, to me it seems a calmer painting. I am loving your landscapes.