Sunday, August 17, 2014

Water Under the Bridge


sold

This is a little scene I snapped in San Francisco last year, near the big red bridge - you know the one I'm talking about. I love the difference between the water in shadow and the water in light. That and all the angles. I might paint it again sometime just to try it a different way. But then, I always want to do that. So we'll see.

Tomorrow begins another workshop for me here in Oregon. Cross your fingers that my kids are well behaved this week. : )

4 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Such beautiful WATER!

CAROL HOPPER -- A PAINTER'S JOURNAL said...

I love all the colors and strokes in the water. The colors are so vibrant; almost joyful.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

you know they're gonna be hooligans but you'll whip 'em into shape ;)

Again, love the blue!

Dietmar Stiller said...

Hi Carol, I love your new approach to those abstract landscapes. So finally the sleepless camp nites pay off ;) I think you wanted to achieve a "pastel like look" in the paintings? Have a nice painting workshop with your "kids".
XOXO Dietmar