Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pam Reading


sold

I've been wanting to paint more people, and while I enjoy the candid shots I get out in public, I'm never entirely happy with the poses. So I had the bright idea of hijacking one of my friends and making them pose for me. Pam graciously agreed. We spent several hours in her beautiful house, taking hundreds of photos (because who has time to pose while I paint?!). And let me tell you, I got some great ones! Not only that but she also agreed to let me paint any of her 9 grandchildren - wahoo! So here's my first one of Pam. There will be more.

11 comments:

Peter Barker said...

I LOVE this one Carol! Luscious brushstrokes abounding mmmmmm

suzanneberry said...

This is exceptional Carol!!! I can't wait to see more!

Brenda Ferguson said...

Fantastic! I can sense your excitement for this new direction. That's what it's all about! Kudos for following your heart/passion!
Bren

Barbara Pask said...

Wonderful pose, love this painting. Congrats on the commissions of the grandchildren, how exciting.

Nora MacPhail said...

That is gorgeous!!

Stephanie Berry said...

Very nice! The pose is perfect and the looseness of your brushworks reinforces the "relaxed" atmosphere.

Rita Kirkman Daily Paintings and Art Journal said...

Wow, Carol, this is REALLY awesome! The light!!! Wow. Please do more!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

fantastic!

Lori Quarton said...

Love this one!!

Patrice Robinson said...

I love everything about this painting, but especially the point of view.

marc said...

The model'relaxed attitude is very finely restored
I like it too