Wednesday, December 09, 2009

"Limes Galore" - SOLD


Click Here to Bid

The great thing about a road trip is - there is PLENTY of time for thinking up new ideas for paintings. The bad thing about a road trip is - you can't actually start on them until you ... get ... home! Well, we are finally home, unpacked, and I am painting again. I decided not to start in with apples again because, frankly, I'm a little tired of them for now. I thought I'd try some limes for a change. I got a whole bunch of mini ones today. I figured if the paintings didn't work out I could make mini gin and tonic's. : )

8 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

What a fun idea and great painting. Oh, welcome home, too. I sort of prefer margaritas, they are so good with the small limes. Yummmmy.

Leora Platte said...

Your delight over the mini limes shows in this painting. Or could it be the joy of getting back to painting? Anyway, I love the contrasts, the colors, the shadows, the style.

Unknown said...

I´m also tired with apples, but not with your apples, with mine. I cant paint them like you. That is my problem. Your painting is so wonderful as usual. I hope your book seller can send my order of your book to Spain.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

brilliant! Both the painting and the ideas :D
Hope you had a lovely trip home.

kim shields said...

I have been following you for three years, I was even in your very first class in Austin. I love your work. I get such inspiration from you. I am so amazed at your use of color! Is that something you learned or do you just have an eye for it? The little touch of blue in your limes, wow!

Von said...

Love you:) and your paintings- thanks so much for all the inspiration.

Unknown said...

I LOVE your paintings, I may see you at one of your workshops. You are very talented.

Anita Tresslar said...

The limes in this painting are great.