Friday, July 31, 2009

"All Hail Queen Tomato" - SOLD



Click Here to Bid

Someone asked me today if I ever get tired of painting fruits and vegetables. To be honest, I don't look at them as specific objects so much as shapes and colors. And really, there is an endless variety of situations they can be arranged in. Someday, when my son is older and it makes more sense in my life, I will be able to expand my subject matter and do more landscapes and figures, but for now, I am thoroughly enjoying what I do!

I also got an email today from a fellow artist, Mike Rooney, who recently posted on his blog about keeping crisp edges on brushes longer. Visit this post to learn his secret. Thanks, Mike! I plan to try this out tonight.

1 comment:

Jan Weaver said...

I love the tip about the brushes, thanks.
The tomato and apples are lovely,Jan Weaver