Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"After the Ride" - SOLD



Many months ago I did a series of pears. One person in England bought 2 of them and I mailed them off. The buyer never received them. A week ago they returned back here. Crazy, the mail system! I gave the original winner first dibs and am now putting them in my Ebay store. I've also marked down a few others that were already in my store, in time for some early Christmas present buying, in case you're into that. : ) Here are the 2 pears: ("Just a Pear 4 & 5")



3 comments:

Anita said...

The postal system never ceases to amaze me! Lovely pears - I am sure the buyer is very disheartened by their non arrival.

Sarah said...

Hi, Carol. Beautiful work! I featured this painting on my blog. I just wanted to give you a heads up. If you'd like I can take it down.

SC Shisler: said...

Hi Carol! Wow - I LOVE "After the Ride" - it's stunning. I may have to watch the bidding. It's got wonderful stroke direction - as do most of your paintings. This one pulls down, giving it a bit of a drippy feel (not sad though) which I love! Stroke directions can make or break a painting. They give so much personality to a piece. Come to think of it, the titles of your paintings relate very much to the strokes in them.

An aha moment!