Monday, August 18, 2008
"Carnation 2" & Arte y Pico
BUY NOW $65
I worked most of the day today on a larger panting. I was so happy painting it. I lost all track of time and just thoroughly enjoyed myself. When I got to the end and stepped back I realized, to my great horror ... it is a terribly boring painting. UGH!!! This is very easy for me to say as I don't plan to post it. : )
On that note of shame : ) I'd like to accept and pass along the Arte y Pico award. I have received it from several people lately - thank you Susan, Liz & Annalein!
FYI...The Origin of The Arte y Pico Award and Rules if you choose to accept. You might be interested in the origin of the "Arte y Pico Award" The designer of the award puts it like this..."The Arte y Pico Award has arisen from the daily visits that I make to many blogs which nourish and enrich me with creativity. In them, I see dedication, creativity, care, comradeship, but mainly, ART, much art. I want to share this prize with all those bloggers that entertain and enrich me day to day. Doubtlessly, there are many and it will be hard to pick just a few."
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award through creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter of language.
2. Each award should have the name of the author with a link to their blog.
3. Award winners have to post the award with the name and link to the blog of the person who gave them the award.
4. Show these rules and the paragraph (above) explaining the awards origination.
My picks are:
1. Vicki Shuck, a rockin' gal from Bend, Oregon who shows a real subtlety in her work.
2. Lorrie Drennan, a classy gal from Mississip' who's colorful paintings are so full of life.
3. Vicki Brevell, another Vicki, the cutest gal in Texas, with an amazing passion for art.
4. Shelley Hocknell Zentner, a super cool gal from Tahoe who's passion for life comes through in her art with amazing clarity.
5. Dani Brandimarte, another fabulous gal from Texas who's portraits are tres fabulific.