Friday, July 18, 2008

"Stacked" --- SOLD



I have many, many cups, and they all get regularly rearranged as I pull them out and put them back on their shelves. These 3 got stacked together by chance and I just loved the color combination.

I discovered the scrapbooking section at Hobby Lobby the other day. They have tons and tons of papers ... some with patterns and some with solid colors. I found quite a few new solid colors to use as backgrounds that I didn't have before. This new teal was among them.

David Lobenberg, a great artist/teacher in CA, left a comment on my blog today pointing me to New England artist, Colin Page. I did and his work is outstanding! Check it out.

4 comments:

Johnnie Sielbeck said...

Great stack of cups, Carol!

I'm a big fan of Colin's work. He has a show at the F.A.N. gallery in Philadelphia -- check out his blog at http://www.colinpagepaintings.com/journal/

Princess Rashid said...

Hi Carol. I love the stack of cups. Great rhythm!

Edward B. Gordon said...

absolutely enchanting !

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Thanks for the link to another formidable painter, Colin Page!