Tuesday, July 08, 2008

"Face Off" --- SOLD



There is nothing more satisfying, for me, than putting down a few strokes, stepping back, and seeing a 3-dimensional object(s) appear 3-dimensional ... in 2-D. Pears are up there in the category of most satisfying. I'm not sure what it is about them, but I really enjoyed this. I was also trying for some glow, as there was some there in reality. Glow is tough because it's more cerebral than intuitive. I can see the glow, but only if I'm looking at the whole thing at once. If I look just at the background color, I no longer see it. If that makes sense. : )

Tomorrow I am leaving for a 3-day camping/painting trip with a fabulous painter/blogger from Florida, SC Shisler. Hopefully we will both have some success. I'll post results on Friday when I get back, and perhaps one more still life before I leave tomorrow.

No comments: