Thursday, May 15, 2008

"My Captors" and more ---SOLD



I did this one (above) yesterday. Matt offered the title - fitting I thought - and Nathalie (both students) suggested I sign it in a way that wouldn't be covered up by a frame. I hadn't considered it before but I suppose it would be an issue for framing ...

Yesterday after class I drove to Taos (a beautiful drive through the mountains) and visited with artists Seamus Berkeley and Tara Wheeler. We had an exhilerating coversation for hours and hours about everything art while eating avacado pie in a restaurant with no lights. : ) Ok, we didn't eat pie the whole time, and yes it was REALLY good!

Today a student requested I paint a flower in glass for my demo and offered to buy it before I had even started. I wasn't feeling ANY pressure - nope! To my great relief, I didn't crash and burn (see below - sold). This class is starting to feel like family and I will be sad when tomorrow is over. I promise to post a picture tomorrow of the whole class and some of their paintings.

13 comments:

jilly ballantyne said...

Hi Carol
greetings from the south of France!
I just love your captors!
I am hold your work in high regard as an example of where I am aiming for, I have been told since art school 'to loosen up!' and still seem to cling to toward the graphic... I'll keep at it!
I have forwarded your blog to all my students,
and look forward to your next postings
Jilly

Mark Bridges said...

Wow, Those are really fantastic paintings. It's an illusion to sit here at 5 am. and see the brightly lit flower thinking it's noon. Now I wish I could have some avocado pie. Never even heard of that.

indiaartist said...

The flower is so beautiful so is the other painting that it is difficult to tell whether the artist was captive or not.

Dale Sherman Blodget said...

Thanks for your inspiration, Carol. Your work is wonderful.

Unknown said...

Wonderful paintings Carol - lucky student to get that flower - it feels so alive. I was jealous before, knowing how much fun everyone was having - then you went to Taos my favorite place on earth. I'd feel worse but I'll be there myself in another week. :o) Do you remember the name of the restaurant? Can't wait to see the pictures of your class and their paintings.

Melody said...

Sounds like a great experience Carol....love the red flower in the glass jar.

Dani Brandimarte said...

Wow! I love them both! Hurry up and bring your brilliant self back home, some of us miss you over here.

Anonymous said...

I love your "captive" painting. The colors on the paint tube are absolutely hypnotic!

David Lobenberg said...

Oh yea on both!!!!!

Kristy Gordon said...

Hi Carol! Beautiful paintings! That must be so nice to be in Santa Fe again! I miss the beautiful landscape there so much! Say hi to Michelle at Andreeva for me:)

Seamus Berkeley said...

Hi Carol,

Another nice painting!

Vicki Shuck said...

Wow, Carol! Haven't had time to be looking at blogs much these days, and am so thrilled to see your work again. This is beautiful! The light and the color are amazing, as are you!!

Cooper Dragonette said...

Carol These latest from your workshops are terrific. Way to go under pressure!
Cooper