Tuesday, April 25, 2023

You Reflect on Me

 

Click Here to Bid - 6x6in. - oil - "You Reflect on Me"

Here's another one on the new smooth canvas panel I'm trying. The other day I realized one of my brushes was past its prime, and in looking at my inventory I realized I still had a (synthetic) mongoose brush from when I painted on canvas years ago. When I discovered it originally I called it my "magic" brush because I loved it so much, but switched to others for working on gessobord. Well, wouldn't ya know - it works great on these canvas panels! The only downside is that they're more expensive. So I'll have to figure that in to my decision about the new panels. Still experimenting...

In other news, I am heading off to Europe on Monday, and will be gone for 20 days. Unfortunately this means I won't be able to ship any books or paintings until I return (May 20th), including this one, since the auction won't end until after I'm gone. I apologize in advance for the inconvenience!

For the second half of my trip I'll be teaching a workshop in Florence, Italy! I'll try to remember to take pictures and post them on Instagram, so follow me there if you aren't already.

No comments: