Sunday, September 19, 2021

Atop the Granite

 

Click Here to Bid (8x8in. - OIL - starts at $100)

Here is another painting from my August trip into the Sierras. It was done mostly on location, with just a few small touch-ups back in my studio. This spot is about 10 minutes from base camp, and one of my favorite granite outcroppings. Over the years I've painted it from several different angles.

Perhaps because our group is getting older, about half decided to ride horses in this time. I hiked in, but rode a horse out. Here is a picture of the in-riders. One benefit of riding is that instead of always watching where you're stepping next, you can look around and appreciate the view. The downside is that afterwards you're sore in places you didn't even know you had!

1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

Beautiful painting!
Welcome to my world of horses. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Yay!