Wednesday, August 04, 2021

Holidays


Click Here to Bid (6x6in. - OIL)

As you can see, I did two versions of this composition, with a different colored background each time. I did this because after the first one (blue) I realized I had made the reflections just a little too tall, and wanted a chance to correct it. I was SURE the second one would be way better. And thought so right after. But after a few days I had a fresh look at them, and now I'm not sure which one I like better. And so I'd love to know what you think. : )
 

Click Here to Bid (6x6in. - OIL)

When I do reflections like this, I use a piece of glass (rather than a mirror). After doing the blue version, I switched out the background color for red, but didn't change the color under the glass (still blue). This is why there is a bit of reflected blue on the bottoms of the cups.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Carol, from another Carol and admirer, ....I think I prefer the blue background with the warmth of the cup color contrast...but they are both beautiful ! .....Carol Betker

Jeanne said...

I like the blue one!

Jo Castillo said...

I like both of these. My colors! Love the sleeping cherries in the previous post as well.