Sunday, March 14, 2021

Apple Shadows

 

Click Here to Bid ($700 - 16x16in - OIL)

Last year I took a few months off in order to reorient my creative compass. I had been feeling stuck, and needed to find the joy again. One of the things I did during this time was scour Pinterest for inspiration. I went down many rabbit holes, and allowed myself be open to any kind of imagery that led to a creative tingle (for lack of better words). 

I found myself very attracted to what I'm calling "abstracted realism," like this artist, Amy Brakeman. Or this guy, Raimonds Staprans. I experimented a lot with things way more abstract than these apples above, but this is the first one I was really happy with. For me it represents a place in between where I am and where I want to go. Now I just need to gather my courage and step further into the unknown. This is very hard for me.

No comments: