Saturday, November 14, 2020

Just Showing Off


sold. ($1,100 - 24x28in. - OIL on gessobord panel [unframed] - free US shipping)

This is a painting I did a few years ago with the idea of eventually getting into a gallery, mostly because I think it's so much better if you can see larger work in person. But I had trouble finding a good gallery fit, as you know if you've followed me. And now a lot of galleries are (sadly) closing, and many are going online. So I feel lucky that I'm already here! And I can list paintings without charging the extra 50% gallery commission. : )

This painting looks SO much better in person. There is a ton of texture that you can't see in the main image (so I tried to capture some of it in these close-up pictures). Also it's really difficult to get good pictures of big oil paintings. One must position the lights to avoid glare, but that often makes the light irregular - in this case the left/right edges of the painting got a little washed out.

My return policy makes it easy to return if it isn't a fit in your house - just use the original box, and pay for return shipping, and I'll give you a full refund.

No comments: