Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Feeding the Pool

 


Click Here to Bid (8x8in. - OIL - starts at $100)

This is the "other" creek painting I promised, done on a smoky day, but lets call it "overcast." I went out again recently on a sunny day, but I guess because it's getting later in the year, the sun wasn't peeking into the canyon in the same way. I finally set up to paint a scene in shadow, only to have the sun suddenly blast over the cliff and completely change what I was looking at before I had a chance to get it down. I felt pretty frustrated, and came home after wiping my panel twice. It happens.

Meanwhile, I have been PLAYING with all kinds of ideas for what's next. I am having SO much fun that I don't think I want to stop anytime soon. : ) So if you don't hear from me for a while, just know that I'm enjoying myself. And maybe someday, something will come of it.

3 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Always good to see your beautiful paintings here.
Have fun with your new ventures, looking forward to seeing results here.
Hugs.

Gary Klingemann said...

Good luck with your adventure Carol. I am the studio art major from UT Austin that shared the same experience as you at school. Started reading your blog back in 2008 when I was trying to get inspired to paint again. I could not take the plunge from the security of my graphic design gig. With circumstances forcing us to rethink our lives today I have more time to paint, not daily but almost, and I am thankful to you. Hope you find that next "apple".

Ambiance Paintings said...

Hi Carol, I just wanted to introduce myself and thank you for your great book, Daily Painting. It has really inspired me, and I've learned so much. It is one of the best instructional art books I have ever come across, and I am grateful for all the practical advice that you shared in it. I am self-taught and near the start of my art journey, but your book has motivated me to just go for it and get online. I don't know whether anything will come of it, but it is exciting and fun to experiment. Check out my new blog at www.ambiancepaintings.com.