I finally got my still life shelves installed and filled!
I had a lot of ideas about painting still life bouncing around in my head during the long break from painting, and this was NOT my first shot at implementing them. The first several were completely abysmal. Which was frustrating, after such luck with the animals! But I kept at it, and finally had some luck with this one, though I've done more since. At first I was just immediately wiping every one that didn't work out, but after 2 days I decided to keep them. And I'm glad I did because I ended up learning from them - what I liked and didn't like - and they gave me ideas for what to try the next day. Eventually they will be put into a pile and at some point either tossed or painted over. But for now I'm enjoying seeing all my attempts laid out and slowly evolving.