Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Finding a Way Across


Click Here to Bid (8x8in. - starts at $150)

This is my personal favorite from the whole trip (into the Sierra Nevada Mountains). I know you're thinking - she could have painted that anywhere - why on earth did she go all the way into the mountains to paint a little creek?! But I did. And I will do it again.

I have to admit that part of the reason I love this one is because it was a beautiful spot on a perfect afternoon (here is a picture my buddy Scott took of me while I was painting it ). I was mostly alone (my favorite way to paint), and afterwards I packed up my gear and followed the creek  (and its many waterfalls) all the way up to where it met the vertical mountains you see - where a bank of snow was actively melting and forming the creek I had painted. It was peaceful and beautiful and just - the best day ever!

No comments: