Friday, June 23, 2017

Dapple Makers


sold.

This is another Eugene scene. I love tree trunks, but have always felt baffled by how to paint them. But then recently I overheard someone saying that if they saw another person paint a "brown" trunk they would throw up. And when I looked again I realized that they may contain brown, but they are lots of colors! Duh. It's another case of what your brain is telling you vs. what you really see. I think this is one of the biggest hurdles we face as artists, and believe me, it never ends.

2 comments:

Lori P said...

Great comment and so very true! Something that'a a constant struggle and effort personally - but oh so fun. :)

Stephanie B said...

I love this so much! The feeling you create with this is just like being on a beautiful walk myself. :)