Thursday, April 20, 2017

Scissors Lurking


sold.

This is my third painting with these tulips. For this and the one before I used a soft florescent "daylight" bulb. I find these often work well for flowers because, unlike halogen, the light doesn't necessarily overwhelm (or shine right through) the delicate petals.

I will be demo-ing at the Plein Air Convention in San Diego next week (Wednesday at 2:20pm, for those going)! This morning I am beginning the long journey down to San Diego, stopping off to paint with a friend for a couple of days. Unfortunately this means I won't be able to ship paintings until I am back (May 1st). I apologize for the inconvenience!

3 comments:

Barbara Pask said...

Beautiful tulip paintings, love those scissors!

Jo Castillo said...

This caught my eye and made me smile this morning.
Have a great time on your trip. Great that you will be there at the Plein Air Convention.

Pearson Report said...

Beautiful composition. I smiled when seeing this because of the scissors. They reminded me of my mother's sewing scissors and how in her haste to get dinner ready she would park the on the counter... just like that. :)

Enjoy the convention, and your time painting with your friend - that will be fun I'm sure.

With smiles, Jenny xxoo