Friday, September 16, 2016

Yella Fella


sold. (6x6in.)

After yesterday's post I got a few questions about my lamp. I'm including some pictures here to the right (and a peek into my shadow box!), but I'm sorry to say the lamp's a bit of a frankenstein - not something you can buy off the shelf.

My husband made it for me. He knows how to connect stuff.

The head is from a cheap lamp we bought somewhere (like Target?). The neck and clamp we bought from B&H Photo.

If I didn't have such a handy husband, I would probably try some of these until I found a few I liked. But I'm sure glad I have David.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the info.

Karen

Al said...

Love your painting - and thanks for sharing details - and the links - about your lighting setup. I've been looking for a better lighting
solution for my shadow box and here it is! Thanks again!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty painting Carol! Recently bought your book and a few artbytes. Would love to have one focusing on how to paint glass. hint hint

SARAH KELLER said...

I adore the gray green background showing through the clear glass bottles with the solid pop of bright yellow in the mug! The spoon handle is the perfect accent; I think I'd really miss it if it wasn't there!