Saturday, October 24, 2015

The Green River


Click Here to Bid (5x7in.)

This is a scene from our trip across Oregon this summer. The star of the scene is the Deschutes River, where it passes through Cove Palisades State Park. The water was incredibly green due to an over-abundance of some kind of algae. I don't know if it's always like this, or if this was unusual, but I thought it was pretty cool. Well, green IS my favorite color.

I also wanted to show you an abstract painting I did. Sometimes I start with an idea or a photo as a jumping off point, but this was totally spontaneous. Sometimes that's just the ticket to loosen me up, and an antidote to tight painting. It was fun. Bidding starts at $1.

2 comments:

Craig Ford said...

Love the painting, now I have CCR stuck in my head 😊 Great work!

Cathy said...

Lovely abstract!