Sunday, August 30, 2015

Layers Upon Layers


Click Here to Bid (8x8in.)

Before my trip to the Sierra's, I got in shape by climbing to the top of a local butte with all my gear. On one of these trips I was by myself so I painted at the top. I had a lot of fun playing around with clouds, as I haven't paint much of them from life. They move fast, which is the challenge. But when they're in layers like this, you can sort of gather information from all over. This painting comes (as you can see) complete with authentic grass and dirt from the area. : ) Unless you want me to wipe it off.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this painting and must thank you for the inspiration that will help me finish a landscape of the English countryside. To quote a piece of advice you gave to one of your fellow painters on your recent painting trip, "Squint!". Thank you!!