Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Something Old and Blue


Click Here to Bid (5x7in.)

This is another scene from around my town (Eugene). The big tree and background trees were quite a challenge, but I'm quite happy with the way it turned out. For the background I basically just squinted and painted what I saw as simply as possible. But then I guess that's sort of how I paint in general. : )

And speaking of Eugene, I'm giving a talk at the local art supply store next Thursday. If you're in the area, and you have $5, come see me! Here's all the deets.

2 comments:

Rafael said...

great painting of a classic truck

Sue Harrell said...

Dang it! I didn't act fast enough and the talk is sold out (not surprised that it sold out so quickly). I really like this one, Carol. I like the cool temperature and the movement in this painting. Only you can make an old truck look romantic!