Thursday, March 13, 2014

Canyon Light


sold

WORKSHOP ANNOUNCEMENTS:

July 7-11, 2014 - Springfield, OR - Advanced (meaning you must have taken a workshop of mine previously) - register here

August 18-22, 2014 - Springfield, OR - my regular Daily Painting Workshop - register here (and to read a description of the class)

As for the painting above, I took the photo for it on a hike around Mesa Verde National Park a few years ago. The gal is my stepdaughter, Sophie, who I've been thinking about a lot lately. She is the brand new mother of Nina, my new granddaughter. We are off to see them tomorrow, in Texas, for a week. I am a tiny bit ahead with my paintings, so I'll post those as time allows.

6 comments:

carol jennings said...

I am soooooo.........excited
talk later about where to stay ok!!!!!
xo
carol jennings

Tammy Hext said...

Really liking the figurative pieces you have been doing lately. Love the play of light in them.

Unknown said...

I love this, if I hadn't saw the title, I would have said it was a mother standing at the bottom of the stairs, listening to hear if her children were put of bed and ready to come down for breakfast!!

Anonymous said...

This painting proves you don't need strong colour to catch the eye and admiration! At least if your name is Carol Marine. (Did you ever try to paint something using only white and "Marine", i.e. navy blue?)
Bless you!
Harry from Holland

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

LOVE!
Good luck with the Workshop ( :
All the best to your daughter and baby, too.

Batik said...

Nice art... I like it