Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Three Different Apples


sold

When I first started painting apples I had a tendency to paint them all the same, even when they were quite different. It was easy - I saw the same general colors and hey, I had it on my brush already, so - what the heck?! I like to think I've graduated to a higher level of apple painter since I can now see (and paint) the subtle differences between them. But, to be honest, I might simply be a better apple buyer, choosing the ones specifically that are quite different. Only my Fred Meyer produce person knows the truth!

3 comments:

Rita Brace said...

Everyone knows that you are on a higher level. Oh ya!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

ah...the sparkle and bling of your beautiful apples.....and yes, I'm sure you've become an expert at choosing the candidates.
xoxoxoxo

Carol Hopper said...

I called Fred Meyer and he told me you that you are truly outstanding as a painter. I agree!