Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Three Different Apples


sold

When I first started painting apples I had a tendency to paint them all the same, even when they were quite different. It was easy - I saw the same general colors and hey, I had it on my brush already, so - what the heck?! I like to think I've graduated to a higher level of apple painter since I can now see (and paint) the subtle differences between them. But, to be honest, I might simply be a better apple buyer, choosing the ones specifically that are quite different. Only my Fred Meyer produce person knows the truth!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Everyone knows that you are on a higher level. Oh ya!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

ah...the sparkle and bling of your beautiful apples.....and yes, I'm sure you've become an expert at choosing the candidates.
xoxoxoxo

CAROL HOPPER -- A PAINTER'S JOURNAL said...

I called Fred Meyer and he told me you that you are truly outstanding as a painter. I agree!