Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Drifting Through Time


sold

It was incredibly difficult to draw this composition onto my panel from what I saw through my viewfinder. Among the difficulties were the leaning bottles. See how the tops of the bottles all lean out a little? That happens when you have a birds-eye vantage point like this one. Imagine the center of the earth as the vanishing point. All the bottle bottoms point there. The opposite happens when you're in a city and looking up at tall buildings.

4 comments:

Peter Barker said...

You're wise beyond your years CM!

Michelle Webb said...

I love the peachy orange in the bottle glass. Love the painting.
Michelle

Lee Smith said...

I love this painting and I love it when you instruct like this, also. I forgot about the center of the earth. lol.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I got all lost lookin' down into the center of the earth but then I pulled myself up and focused on the lesson.
Amazing!! The painting and YOU!
:D